Construction codes continuing education
Continuing education courses are required to impart appropriate and related knowledge in the applicable regulated industry pursuant to Minnesota Statutes, Chapters 326B and 327B, and other relevant federal and state laws, rules and regulations. Individuals holding a license, certificate or registration that requires continuing education before renewal must complete the required number of hours of education through instruction in courses or seminars approved by the department.
Through a uniform continuing education program implemented Oct. 1, 2011, the department registers sponsors, reviews and approves courses, logs course offerings, and documents individuals' completion of continuing education courses. The department's continuing education program is governed by Minnesota Statutes 326B.0981 to 326B.099. Essential features of this program are:
- Individuals and organizations sponsoring continuing education courses for credit in the regulated industry must register with the department before offering a course.
- Continuing education courses must be reviewed and approved by the department in advance before any credit will be allowed for the course.
- Sponsors must notify the department at least 30 days before an approved course is offered.
- Sponsors submit rosters of individuals completing individual courses to the department.
- The department logs the continuing education hours completed by each individual whose license, certification, or registration requires continuing education as a pre-condition for renewal.
- Individuals attending courses not approved by the department have the ability to obtain department review and approval of courses on a case-by-case basis.
The burden of demonstrating that courses impart appropriate and related knowledge in the regulated industry is upon the person seeking approval or credit.
Directory of approved continuing education courses
Continuing education information for individuals
Continuing education sponsor information and forms
Continuing education course application instructions and forms
Continuing education instructor form (PDF)
Submit course attendance online here
Continuing education laws and rules
Email questions regarding continuing education to firstname.lastname@example.org.
In the subject line of the email, include the following information:
- license or registration number
- the topic of the inquiry