Agency's speakers bureau
Department of Labor and Industry (DLI) staff members regularly speak to community, industry and school groups about issues that affect employees, employers, property owners and other stakeholders.
As part of its outreach efforts to stakeholders, DLI's speakers bureau can provide interested parties with a knowledgeable speaker about topic areas such as:
- apprenticeship programs and opportunities;
- construction codes and licensing;
- occupational safety and health (OSHA) topics or free consultation assistance;
- wage and hour requirements;
- workers' compensation coverage, reporting and claims issues;
- workers' compensation dispute resolution; or
- workers' compensation ombudsman services.
The speakers bureau includes limited availability of speakers who are fluent in Spanish and can address certain topic areas.
DLI recommends requests are made at least 60 days in advance of any planned event or meeting.
If a group has a specific area of interest, please provide additional detail in the request so the presentation can be tailored to fit the audience's needs.
To inquire about the availability of a speaker for your event, email email@example.com. Include the information below in your email request:
- your name, telephone number and email address;
- the name of your organization;
- the date, time and place of the event;
- the approximate size and makeup of your audience;
- the length and format of the presentation, if applicable (such as a formal speech, a panel discussion, etc.); and
- the topic(s) you would like the speaker to address.