Contractor (business) elevator licensing
Top reasons contractor licenses are delayed:
- The business entity's registration is not current with the Secretary of State
- The business entity's true name, and assumed name if used, are not included on all application forms.
- The bond does not include all required signatures and notarization.
- The certificate of insurance includes a cancellation clause (accord language) that cannot be accepted.
- Not all of the required application forms are submitted or properly signed.
- No fee or a wrong fee amount is submitted.
New license, certification and registration fees effective July 1, 2015 (PDF).
Forms and applications
Elevator contractor applications and forms
Other contractor licensing links:
Please Note: The Department of Labor and Industry does not accept cash as payment for licenses, inspections, copy requests and other DLI services. Accepted methods of payment include checks, money orders and electronic payments that can be made through the DLI Web site.