Skip to main content

COVID-19 resources here. | DLI offices are closed to walk-in customers.

Municipalities and municipal building officials

City officials must provide state inspection services unless specifically exempted by the governor. If your city has, or is considering, reducing services related to enforcement of the State Building Code, you must contact us to ensure that administration of the State Building Code is maintained in your municipality by the designated building official. Ceasing all inspection services is not an option.

Contractors and homeowners

Homeowners and contractors facing difficulties obtaining municipal inspections should first try to resolve the delay with the designated building official or other municipal administrator. If the building official or administrator cannot be reached, contact our enforcement staff for assistance.

Additional resources